Monday, January 23, 2017
Super Salad with Ginger Dressing Recipe
Super Salad 🥗
Parsley, Avocado, Beets and Cucumbers
Dressing: 2 tsps @bragglivefoods Liquid Aminos
1 tsp Fresh Grated Ginger
The health benefits of this salad are incredible and there are so many that I couldn't possibly list them all. Here's a little overview of health benefits:
1. Parsley: Reduced disk for cancer, helps control diabetes, and reduces inflammation and pain associated with rheumatoid arthritis, along with helping prevent osteoporosis. It also acts as a pain reliever with anti-inflammatory properties. It can provide relief from gastrointestinal issues such as indigestion, stomach cramps, bloating, and nausea, while helping to strengthen the immune system.
2. Beets: Beets help lower blood pressure which comes from the naturally occurring nitrates in beets, which are converted into nitric oxide in your body. Nitric oxide, in turn, helps to relax and dilate your blood vessels, improving blood flow and lowering blood pressure. Beets are a unique source of betaine, a nutrient that helps protects cells, proteins, and enzymes from environmental stress. It's also known to help fight inflammation, protect internal organs, improve vascular risk factors, enhance performance, and likely help prevent numerous chronic diseases. They also help the body detox!
3. Avocado: Recent studies have shown the addition of avocado to an already well-balanced diet lowers the risk of heart disease, improves blood levels of LDL, and lowers levels of oxidative stress in the bloodstream following consumption of food. They also help the body have a higher absorption rate of carotenoids which are pigments that help protect the body from diseases.
4. Cucumbers: Cucumbers are made up of 95 percent water, making them an ideal hydrating food. Cucumbers contain an anti-inflammatory flavonol called fisetin that plays an important role in your brain health. They also contain polyphenols called lignans, which may help to lower your risk of breast, uterine, ovarian, and prostate cancers
5. Liquid Aminos: Bragg Liquid Aminos is a non-GMO Project Verified liquid protein concentrate, derived from soybeans. It contains 16 naturally-occuring Essential and non essential Amino Acids
6. Ginger: helps with digestion and is known to boost bone health and relieve joint pain
To boost your immunity and improve your general overall health this is a great salad to add to your diet & it's delicious!