In the Chinese Culture they use different teas at different times to help them through their day. Jasmine Tea in the morning to help get going and Lychee Black Tea as they start their work day for focus. There are many teas that are used for their medicinal purposes as well. Here are 6 Beneficial Chinese Teas:
- Milk Oolong Tea: Getting its name from its rich milky taste, Milk Oolong Tea supply's iron to the body and can enrich the blood. It's beneficial for our joints. It contains minerals such as manganese, magnesium, calcium, and potassium that are all essential to important health functions within the body
- Ginseng Oolong Tea:The tea is derived from a perennial plant root. The major health benefits of tea are due to the naturally occurring chemicals called ‘ginsenosides’ that are present in this root. The health benefits include a reduced risk of developing cancer, PMS relief, weight loss , improvement of digestive disorders, and a boosted immune system, as well as improving signs of mental distress, asthma, arthritis, and sexual dysfunction.
- Jasmine Green Tea: Packed with antioxidants, Jasmine green tea carries numerous health benefits ranging from clearing skin and improving digestion to aiding in weight loss and cancer prevention
- Lychee Rose Black Tea: Infused with the fresh nectar of lychee fruit and blended with roses this Tea brews a sweet and fragrant cup Lychee Rose Black Tea is high in vitamin C and trace minerals which improves facial complexion, relieves stomach bloatedness and eases menstrual pain. It's good for circulation, helps with anemia and memory issues.
- Pu'er Tea: Although Pu'er Tea has a lower level of antioxidants than Green Tea, Chinese people credit it with many health benefits, especially weight loss, reduction of serum cholesterol, and cardiovascular protection. Unlike other teas, which get stale over time, pu-erh can mellow and improve with age like fine wine. Some pu-erh teas are more than 50 years old.
- Fruit Tea: There are many benefits of drinking Fruit tea as it is jam-packed with assorted vitamins, minerals and antioxidants. It is specifically high in vitamin C which makes Fruit teas ideal for warding off colds and other illnesses by keeping the immune system strong and healthy.
Through out the centuries Chinese Medicine has long used teas for helping to cure disease as well as prevent it. In Chinese Culture teas have long be used for ceremonial purposes as some teas carry long ancestral roots. Tea can add many benefits to your health so as our days get longer its nice to take a moment to enjoy a delicious and relaxing cup of tea knowing your body and mind will benefit.