Have you ever tried a Kiwi berry?
Kiwi berries are one of the most exciting new fruits to come into the produce market in years. They are about the size of a grape; a small variety of kiwi fruit that have a smooth, edible skin. The fuzz-free exterior makes it an easy to to eat fruit that you can just pop into your mouth as a quick and delicious snack. They are also great in fruit salads! Kiwi berries are packed with flavor… but they have a short season, so get them while you can!
Not only are these little gems delicious but here's why they are so nutritious.
1. Like other “superfood” berries, kiwi berries have an unusually high level of antioxidants that protect your body from toxins and oxidation that can lead to cancer and other serious diseases.
2. With about five times as much vitamin C as your average orange, kiwi berries provide an immune system boost. Vitamin C is also considered a powerful antioxidant.
3. Kiwi berries are a rich source of vitamin E, which helps maintain healthy levels of cholesterol and heart health. The plus side is, you can get as much vitamin E from a just a few low-calorie kiwi berries as you can from an entire avocado.
4. Along with spinach, kiwi berries are one of the rare vegetables rich in Vitamin B6, which helps your body create and use energy.
5. Other nutrients in kiwi berries include folic acid, fiber, potassium and chromium, making them a good food to help maintain regular digestion, energy production, nervous system function and kidney health.
Yum! Next time you're in the produce isle pick some up while they're still in season. Enjoy!
Thursday, April 7, 2016
Benefits of Kiwi Berries
Posted by Amy Michelle at 3:53 PM
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment